Hello! Welcome to Lemon Sugar! My name is Erin. I am a working mother of two beautiful little girls and wife of my junior-high sweetheart. I love to entertain, cook and bake, and I especially love planning and organizing events of any kind. I have a great day job in the TV biz, but outside of work love to be home spending time with my family.
As the oldest of five kids, some of my fondest childhood memories are of family birthday parties, holidays and Friday-night company. My mom always over-did it in the food department, and I’ve followed in her footsteps – I always have too much food at every event I’m part of, but I would be horrified if I ever ran out of food, so too much food it is. My baking and entertaining hobby has gotten out of hand in recent years, after finally moving into a house that my husband and I designed and built together. I finally got the kitchen I needed to entertain at our house, and I haven’t stopped since.
I hope you enjoy the blog. Thanks for stopping by and come back soon! ♥erin
Random statements, about me:
1. I knew I was going to marry my husband when I was in 8th grade. Don’t ask me how or why I knew, I just did. We started “dating” when we were 13, and have pretty much been together ever since.
2. I cannot stand to watch people eat cereal. I don’t know if it’s the slurping, the dripping milk, the obnoxious chewing…can’t stand it.
3. I live in a small town in Kansas. I’ve never been in a tornado. Close once or twice, but not actually in one. And, I live in the eastern part of the state, which does NOT look like what you see in the Wizard of Oz.
4. I live my life according to the Life’s Little Instruction Book. It’s a very wise little book.
5. My favorite flower is the Peony, because they remind me of my Grandmas.
6. I’ve never had a cavity. This is particularly amazing give the fact that I a) have a dessert blog and b) was addicted to soda pop until I broke the habit just 2 years ago.
7. When I was a kid, I collected bunny and rabbit figurines. Today, that box of creepy bunnies is still in my basement, and every time I open it it freaks me out. Not sure what I was drawn to…
8. I wear my hair in a ponytail every single day. Well, unless it’s a special occasion, but seriously, every single day.
9. My day job is in the TV business, and I love it. My night job is this blog and I love it, too.
10. Can you guess my favorite color? Yellow, of course! :)