Mini Apple Crumb Sundaes
- 2 boxes Athens Mini Fillo Shells (30 shells)
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Place Fillo Shells onto a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Chop apples in apple pie filling into small pieces.
- Add cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of filling into each Fillo Shell. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, use a pastry cutter to combine oats, brown sugar, cold butter and salt until coarsely crumbled.
- Spoon another teaspoon of topping over the apple pie filling for each shell.
- Finely chop the walnuts, and sprinkle chopped nuts over the shells.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the filling is bubbling.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly.
- Top with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Recipe by Lemon Sugar at http://lemon-sugar.com/2015/07/mini-apple-crumb-sundaes.html/