- 2 large plum tomatoes, coarsely grated on a box grater
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup pure olive oil
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the grated tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and cilantro.
- Add the chicken and coat thoroughly with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Light a grill.
- Thread the chicken onto 8 metal skewers, leaving a small space between each piece.
- Brush the chicken with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Recipe by Lemon Sugar at http://lemon-sugar.com/2015/06/summer-sauvignon-blanc-white-wine-party.html/