Super Simple Key Lime Pie
- 1 and ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup key lime juice, fresh-squeezed if available
- Grated lime zest for garnish
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a medium sized bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Stir until crumbs are completely moistened.
- Press into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- Wipe out the bowl and combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and lime juice. Whisk until completely combined and smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn oven off and allow the pie to sit in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate to chill, pie should be cold when serving.
- Beat whipping cream until peaks form. Add confectioners sugar and beat to combine.
- Top with fresh whipped cream, and enjoy!
Recipe by Lemon Sugar at http://lemon-sugar.com/2014/10/super-simple-key-lime-pie.html/