Charleston Cheese Dip
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 8 butter crackers, crushed, such as Ritz
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Corn chips, crackers or bagel chips, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, green onions and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish, I used a 9-inch pie pan.
- Top the mixture with the crushed cracker crumbs and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top with the crumbled bacon.
- Serve immediately with corn chips, crackers or bagel chips.
Serving size: 8-10 servings, as appetizer
Recipe by Lemon Sugar at http://lemon-sugar.com/2014/10/charleston-cheese-dip.html/