Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake
Serves: Approx 24 servings
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil (vegetable oil is fine)
- ½ cup buttermilk (milk is fine)
- 3.4 ounce box Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- ½ cup sour cream
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cups powdered/confectioners' sugar
- ¼-1/2 cup heavy cream (start with ¼ cup and add a little more cream if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Coat a half-sheet pan (13x18) with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (or a stand mixer) combine all cake ingredients (cake mix, eggs, oil, buttermilk, pudding, sour cream and pumpkin) and beat until completely combined, about 90 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and spread evenly.
- Melt butter in a glass measuring cup in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds (don't over-heat, it will pop/explode all over your microwave)
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon, and stir until completely combined.
- Drizzle sugar mixture over the top of the cake, and use a butter knife to swirl the sugar mixture into the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until firm in the middle.
- While the cake is baking, prepare glaze by combining powdered sugar and cream. Whisk to combine, and add more cream until the glaze is smooth and thick but runny.
- Drizzle glaze over the top of the warm cake, and serve immediately.
Recipe by Lemon Sugar at http://lemon-sugar.com/2014/09/pumpkin-cinnamon-roll-cake.html/