Almond Joy Cupcakes
Serves: Approx 24 cupcakes
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 small (3.4oz) package chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups (about 1lb bag) chocolate melts
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).)
- Prepare two cupcake pans (24 wells) with cupcake papers. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, sour cream, vanilla and pudding. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 60 seconds.
- Evenly divide batter among cupcake papers, filling each about ½ full.
- Bake 16-19 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While cupcakes are cooling, using the paddle attachment, beat together butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut and vanilla, and beat to combine.
- Add powdered sugar, a cup at a time, until desired consistency is met.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag, and pipe a large dollop of frosting on to each cupcake.
- Use a frosting knife to smooth the top of the frosting.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions until completely smooth.
- Dip each cupcake into the chocolate, and immediately top with a sprinkle of almonds.
- Allow chocolate to set, and enjoy!
Recipe by Lemon Sugar at http://lemon-sugar.com/2014/02/almond-joy-cupcakes.html/