Roasted Tomato Soup
- 5-6 large, very ripe tomatoes
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- ½ cup warm chicken stock or water, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Drizzle a large sheet pan with olive oil.
- Slice tomatoes and place in an even layer over olive oil.
- Peel and crush garlic, and add to pan with tomatoes.
- Roast in oven for 30-45 minutes or until tomatoes begin to "wilt" and turn slightly brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place roasted tomatoes and garlic into a blender with pepper.
- Blend until desired consistency is met, add warm chicken stock or water if desired (for consistency).
- Taste, and season with salt and sugar if desired.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
Recipe by Lemon Sugar at http://lemon-sugar.com/2013/09/easy-roasted-tomato-soup-2.html/