White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 and ¼ cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 and ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted macadamia nuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- Pour the melted butter in the mixer's work bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar.
- Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed.
- Add the egg, yolk, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and nuts.
- Chill the dough for 15 minutes in the refrigerator, then use an ice-cream scoop to scoop onto silpat-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes.
- Rotate the baking sheet for even browning.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Recipe by Lemon Sugar at http://lemon-sugar.com/2013/08/white-chocolate-macadamia-nut-cookies.html/