Easy Marinara Sauce
- 1 quart canned, whole tomatoes (approx 32 ounces)
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic with parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter (for pasta)
- Boil pasta according to package ingredients.
- While pasta is cooking, pour tomatoes into a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour pureed tomatoes into a medium/large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- To tomatoes, add salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, sugar and red-pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Add cream, butter and Parmesan cheese, stir to combine and to melt butter.
- Once butter is melted, turn off heat.
- Drain pasta.
- Pour melted butter over drained pasta.
- Serve pasta with marinara sauce and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Recipe by Lemon Sugar at http://lemon-sugar.com/2013/04/easy-marinara-sauce.html/