Easter Candy Cookies
Serves: Approximately 18 cookies
- 2 sticks (16 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, cold
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups candy pieces or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars (both brown and white) together until just creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beat on medium speed until just incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat until just incorporated, do not overbeat at this step.
- Stir in candy pieces.
- Form dough into six 2-inch balls. Put the rest of the batter into the refrigerator.
- Place dough on prepared cookie sheet, and flatten just slightly.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until just golden brown.
- Immediately place on a wire cooling rack, and repeat process until all dough is used.
- Store in an air-tight container, and enjoy!
Recipe by Lemon Sugar at http://lemon-sugar.com/2013/03/easter-candy-cookies.html/