This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScoreMoreFans#CollectiveBias
Can you believe the big February football game is almost here again? I mostly can’t believe it because January just flew by – which is really ok because as you know, I’m not a winter kind of girl – I’m counting down the seconds until warm weather.
I really shouldn’t complain about this time of year though, because it’s actually pretty fun. With all of the football parties, we’ve been pretty busy on the weekends – and on top of that, we’re getting ready to celebrate my brother and my sisters birthday’s in the next few weeks – and lots of family time is AWESOME! (No, really – I love spending time with my family!!)
I thought I’d share one of our recent football parties with you today – and thanks to my friends at RITZ® and Coca-Cola, we had a great time!
RITZ® Crackers have to be one of my favorite ingredients to cook and bake with, because first of all, they’re delicious – rich, buttery, perfectly salted – they really go with everything. My kids can polish off one of those little brown bags in no time, and I have to admit that I can too.
I love them as a topping on a casserole or a breading for protein, but I have to say, two of my favorite recipes keep the crackers just as they are. These are SO fun and you’ll totally score with your biggest fans if you show up with these goodies!
My girls and I ran by Walmart to pick up all of the ingredients for our latest football party – and I was way happy to find sales and great deals on almost everything I needed. Especially exciting was the 2 for $5 on all Coca-Cola 16.9oz 6-packs, so we picked up a few packs of Coke Zero while we were out. It made a fun addition to our party table! There were tons of RITZ® varieties to choose from and I stocked up, but for today’s purposes we just need the original flavor.
The great thing about these two recipes is that they are SIMPLE. The Firecrackers are just RITZ® crackers tossed in a flavored butter sauce and then baked for a few minutes. The Football Cookies are just peanut butter sandwiched between two RITZ® crackers, dipped in chocolate and fun little football laces piped on top. Cute and SO DELISH!
Everyone was just excited to see a big pail of Coke Zero on ice! It was a fun little party. Because we seem to have a different football watch party every weekend this time of year, we’re always rotating hosting duties – today my mom hosted us all so I was happy to walk in with my arms full of goodies. In football-speak, I totally “took it to the house.” Ha!
We used the island in her kitchen as “snack central” and it worked well so we could attack the goodies from all sides. I think we had about ten adults, and a handful of kids, and we made a serious dent in no time. So fun.
Be sure to check out more football party ideas with Coca-Cola and RITZ® at SnacksandSips.net.
Hope you loved these fun party ideas! Enjoy!
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 box RITZ® crackers (about 48 crackers)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Melt butter.
- Stir all ingredients into melted butter, and stir to combine.
- Place crackers into a large bowl.
- Pour melted butter mixture over crackers.
- Gently toss to coat all crackers.
- Pour crackers onto baking sheet and spread in an even layer.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
- 1 box RITZ® crackers (about 96 crackers)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 package chocolate candy coating (near almond bark at grocery store)
- 1 Tablespoon shortening, melted
- ½ cup white chocolate chips (optional, to draw laces only)
- Spread 48 crackers with an even coat of peanut butter.
- Add tops to each cracker to create a sandwich.
- In the microwave, melt chocolate candy coating according to package directions.
- Once melted and stirred until smooth, add melted shortening and stir until completely combined.
- Lay out a large sheet of parchment paper so you have somewhere to lay the dipped cookies.
- Dip each cookie until completely coated, shake off excess chocolate, and place on parchment sheet.
- Repeat with every cookie.
- Once the chocolate coating has hardened, melt white chocolate in microwave.
- Pour melted white chocolate into a baggie (and cut off a small tip) or piping bag fitted with a small writing tip.
- Pipe the laces on to each cookie.
- Allow to harden, and enjoy!
- Pipe the laces