So, it’s almost time to start thinking about Thanksgiving dinner, right? Almost time to start planning our meals, which stretchy pants we’re going to wear, and how to make it from point A to point B in under an hour and eat a full meal at both places without offending either party.
But first, before I can even go THERE, I have an eight year old’s birthday party to plan and execute. A Teen Beach Movie birthday party, at that. Because you know, it’s easy to find beach party decorations in November. In Kansas. Except not really. ‘Cause actually – in November in Kansas – we’re talking about the first snow of the season hanging out in the Rockies, where to buy a free-range, organic turkey for under fifty-gajillion dollars, and oh yeah, eight year old birthday party bonanzas.
Thanksgiving still feels eons away.
The eight year old birthday beach party however, is now just six days away, and I have to admit that I’m having extreme anxiety about it. Usually, I’m on TOP of it. I have every detail planned out weeks in advance, all my shopping is done and decorations are at least a week ahead of time.
This year? NOPE. Not even close. But I did make you some yummy brownies today, so that’s something, right?
So, these are one of those bar-cookie-brownie desserts that are easy to put together, and great for pot-lucks and entertaining. They’re super rich, but easily cut into small pieces so you can eat a little or a lot.
The red-velvet brownie layer is covered with an Oreo truffle layer, and the whole darn thing is smothered in melted chocolate and mini chocolate chips. They’d be awesome for Valentine’s Day, but they’re also awesome in November, when you’re procrastinating. Like me.
Hope you love them. Enjoy! ♥
Thanks for stopping by today! Leave me a comment below so I know you were here!
A fun twist on everyday brownies, these red velvet brownies are covered with a decadent layer of Oreo truffle, and topped with a thick layer of milk chocolate. Enjoy!
Recipe source: Adapted slightly from Pizzazzerie
1 box Red Velvet cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 (3.4 ounces) package instant vanilla pudding
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 package Oreos
8 ounces cream cheese
1 pound candy-melt chocolate (like Almond Bark or CandiQuick), melted
1 bag mini chocolate chips, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, pudding mix, vegetable oil and mix well until thoroughly combined,
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the red velvet brownie layer into the pan. Use a rubber spatula to press into place.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Using a rolling pin or a food processor, crush Oreos to a coarse powder, with no large chunks.
- Add cream cheese to food processor, or use a mixer to blend cream cheese with Oreos until
- Spread Oreo truffle mixture on top of baked red velvet brownies, again using rubber spatula to assist in spreading to edges of pan.
- Melt chocolate candy bark (or chocolate chips) and pour over top Oreo truffle layer.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips while still warm.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.