If you aren’t a big cranberry fan, you might not be as crazy for these as we were, but I have to tell you that they were a big hit in our house. The muffin is tender and buttery, and the little pops of cranberry are both sweet and tart – a perfect little surprise in this rich cake.
And, aren’t they pretty?
I hope you’ll give these a try. I’m sure you could substitute another fruit for the cranberries (blueberries, cherries, even strawberries or blackberries…) to give them a different flavor, but definitely, definitely try this muffin recipe.
Cranberry Walnut Cream Cheese Muffins
Yield: 24 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes ♦ Bake Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, dusted with 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts